Thursday, September 6, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things!

Hi all! 
Kids are back to school, the first week is always hectic an adding a new kindergartner to the mix just makes it that more challenging! It was kind of depressing knowing my last little one is now off to explore the world without mommy by his side 24/7. I think now we have our routine worked out, I am less stressed an plowing through some projects I have been waiting and wanting to finish! 

I was blog hopping a few weeks ago and seen Rachel over at Stitched In Color post a tutorial for journal covers which can be found here. I knew I had to make some! 
I had previously made these english paper piecing hexagons last month following Jeni's tutorial for her hexagon ring pincushion she did for the festival of hexagons an decided they were perfect for the front! I love how it turned out, it really was super easy too (which I like). 

Hexagon Journal cover made using Poetica by Art Gallery Fabrics and Kona solids to match! 

Made using Zoe by Studio-E fabrics which I had stashed a while back
 I have been trying to practice daily on my FMQ (free-motion quilting) to build muscle memory. Each time it gets easier and more fluid flowing! I have learned a tremendous amount from following Leah Days blog The Free Motion Quilting Project. These are two of my many practice squares where I have FMQ two designs from her 365 free motion quilting designs paisley and snake-paisley. It is great idea to make up at least a weeks worth of blank squares sandwiches measuring around 10" that way each day you can just grab a sq. and FMQ for 30 or so mins. With enough practice anyone can use their home sewing machine to create and quilt beautiful works of art.




Til the next time I am off to sew! 

Krystal 

No comments:

Post a Comment